To my daughter


I want you to know that mummy loves you.
I want you to remember that I am here for you.
I would to everything in my power to keep you safe,
But you have to know and understand that we live in a scary big world.

It's a world where women have to fight to be treated equally as a human.
It's a world where our attributes have been seen as our weakness.
It’s a world where men forget that they were bore and raised by our kind. 
It's a world where a woman is judged by prejudice and not what she can offer. 

I would try to be the best mother I can be for you, 
But I would fail sometimes, 
Not because I am weak but because I am not perfect and many odds are against me.
That's why I need you, 
I need you to continue from where I left off.

Don't stop speaking, 
Don’t stop listening,
Don't stop learning,
Don’t stop unlearning,
Don't stop giving, 
And someday, your children, your friends and the world would thank you.



Comments

Popular Posts