Dear Fred, I love You

He was my first friend in the UK, I really did like him. We met in 2014 and in early 2015, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I made it my duty to visit him every two weeks. I had seen him early Sunday morning, the 10th of January 2016, I promised to call him the next day, which I did. But i was late, he was already dead.  

***

I prayed for this day never to come. The day where I have to say good by to you. Everyday gave me new hope for you.  I wake up every morning praying for a miracle in your life.

 Even with cancer, you had still managed to make everyone feel good. I woke up this morning and like a normal day I sent you a message, but there was no response. I though maybe you were taking a nap but when I saw your mom's call I knew you were gone. 

Not many people got to know you the way I did and I wish they did. You were awesome and I'm so sad our friendship has come to an abrupt end. You told me your only dream was to see 2016. Well you did and you saw 11 days. 

And I know you said I shouldn't do this but I couldn't help but tell the whole world how sweet you are. You've helped me see life from a different perspective and I will forever be grateful for that. I love you Fred. Rest in the Peace. 

Comments

Popular Posts